There are many things we love in this world. A few of those things include Parmesan cheese, chicken and quinoa. This dish is all of those things!There are two more things we love. Delicious meals and easy meals. This meal is a two-for-one. It is both easy AND delicious.
Most people might think of this as a “one pot meal.” However, it’s cooked in the oven, so I like to call it a “one pan meal.” And we paired it with a quinoa. I cannot say enough about how much we love quinoa!We currently have more quinoa than we know what to do with, and I am not upset about that in the slightest. What does that mean to you? More quinoa recipes to come!One thing I will say about quinoa….always cook it in chicken broth. Always. It’s still good in water, but the chicken broth adds such a great level of flavor. However; if your recipe calls for water and salt, pare back on the salt, the chicken broth will provide its own salt. We paired this easy Italian Chicken Bake with Creamy Parmesan Quinoa, and it was amazing! We hope you enjoy it as well!
Italian Chicken Bake:
- 4-5 roam tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jar artichoke hearts (in water), drained and quartered
- olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup mozzarella
- fresh basil
- Core and chop Roma tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, artichoke hearts, salt & pepper (to taste), sugar and flour in a large bowl. Mix.
- Place the tomato mixture in a 9×13 pan, and place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven, and cook until done; about 35 minutes; or until chicken is almost done; about 160 degrees.
- Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and vegetables are caramelized.
- When cheese is melted, pull from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
This can be served as is, or over pasta.
Adapted from Aaron & Jill.
Creamy Parmesan Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth (could use vegetable broth)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse quinoa very well under cold running water in a fine mesh sieve then drain well and set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat then add garlic and saute until barely golden brown, stirring constantly (watch closely as it can go from golden brown to burnt very quickly!).
- Add quinoa then toast for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth then turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place a lid on top then turn heat down to medium-low and cook until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese then serve.
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats.